Pigdom tracked down the top social media site demographics and compared the number of men and women on them.
- 16 out of 19 sites had more female than male users with the average of all 19 sites 47% male, 53% female.
- Social news sites Digg, Reddit and Slashdot have significantly more male users topped by slashdot with 82% male users.
- If we hadn’t included the three social news sites, all of the sites would have had more females than males.
- Twitter and Facebook have almost the same male-female ratio; Twitter with 59% female users and Facebook with 57%.
- The most female-dominated site? Bebo (66% female users), closely followed by MySpace and Classmates.com (64%).
Read the whole post on Pingdom: